Living With Advanced Stage Cancer Tips
Tips to help you and your family deal with the challenges of Advanced Cancer.
Living With Advanced Stage Cancer Tips >
Expert Q & A
Our expert team of doctors and pharmacists answer questions about Advanced Cancer.
Click Here for Answers >

Where Can I Find Clinical Trials for My Dad Who Has Stage 4 Lung Cancer?

My dad has stage 4 lung cancer. Where can I find clinical trials that could help him?


There are several different ways to search for clinical trials, some of which are more helpful than others. One overarching Web site to check out,, is a good source if you are looking for thorough information. However, you'll also have to sort through a lot of irrelevant information. For instance, this site automatically includes studies that are not recruiting new patients and studies that are already finished, although you can adjust your searches to include only open studies. Also, this site includes clinical studies in humans for any purpose, not just for treating cancer.
The National Cancer Institute, which is a part of the National Institutes of Health, has a great tool for finding clinical studies that are specific to cancer treatment ( This site allows you to search for specific types of cancer and also by location.
No matter how you search, it's important to know as much as possible about your dad's cancer, including the exact diagnosis, previous treatment, and details about him (his age, etc.). In order to participate in a trial, your dad will have to fit certain criteria.
Of course, perhaps the best source for finding a clinical trial for your dad is your dad's oncologist or treatment center. His doctor has all the information he needs to try to pair your dad up with an appropriate trial.
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2020 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.